Tennessee Handgun Permit Course at USADefense in Murfreesboro TN
*** PREREQUISITE: Go to the following website and Select Begin Application and follow the online instructions***
[This online application must be completed at least 24 hours before]
After completing this, go to our calendar page, and signup for the class Date & Time you want.
Handgun Carry Class Cost: $45.00 - Applicant provides their own handgun and ammunition.
$85.00 - If USADefense provides a handgun and ammunition for the applicant to use.
MINIMUM COURSE LENGTH: 8 Hours (4 hour classroom session and 4 hours gun range session)
1. DEVELOPING A PERSONAL AND HOME PROTECTION PLAN:
• Defining a personal protection plan
• Why conflict avoidance is so important - Situational awareness - Areas to avoid
- Cover, concealment, and an exit strategy - How a permit to carry fits
2. SELF-DEFENSE FIREARM BASICS:
• Universal safety rules
• Defining a gun’s action
• Understanding revolvers - Clearing a revolver
• Understanding semi-automatics - Modern, striker-fired handguns - Clearing a semi-automatic
- Understanding magazines
• Selecting a handgun - Proper grip
• Ammunition components - Ammunition care and storage
3. DEFENSIVE SHOOTING FUNDAMENTALS:
• Defensive shooting versus marksmanship
• Shooting platform
• Aligning the muzzle to the target
• Unsighted fire, point shooting
• Sighted fire
• Trigger control
4. THE LEGAL USE OF FORCE: • the legal use of force • reasonable force • deadly force • when reasonable force ends and deadly force begins • deadly force rules • What prosecutors will want to know • Defending the home • Defending property
5. VIOLENT ENCOUNTERS AND THEIR AFTERMATH: • Understanding fight or flight • Effects of adrenaline and endorphines • Recognizing a threat • Issuing commands and evaluating options • When we’re left with no other choice • When the right to use deadly force end • The immediate aftermath • Phone calls to make • When the police arrive • Statement to the police • During and after your arrest
Safety Rules for every class: No ammo in class room, firearms must be in case or range bag at all time unless otherwise stated by Instructor. Photo ID is required. ammo, ear and eye protection. Course fees do not include cost of range fee. All live fire training will be done at The OK Corral Range in Woodbury, Tn, with a current range fee of $10.00 per individual.