Defensive Pistol Level 1
Class Cost: $100.00
The focus of this course is to instill sound pistol shooting skills and safety fundamentals and introduce the student to sound basic defensive pistol shooting skills. The techniques taught in this course are a combination of the best techniques taught by Israeli Tactical School, Glock Instructors Workshop, Combat Focus and the N.R.A.
This course is ideal for both new shooters to help them develop their pistol shooting skills, and those who have handgun shooting experience, to help them break bad habits.
This course is a Prerequisite for Tactical Pistol Shooting Level 2
Your instructor for this course is Steve Newton.
Please Contact USADefense at 615-809-2751, or email us at [email protected] to set up a date and time for this class.
Students must be at least eighteen years of age.
I suggest that students have either completed our Basic Pistol Course or another basic shooting course before attending this course.
Students must have the following equipment for attendance at this course.
- Handgun: a .380 ACP, up to .45 ACP Semi-automatic pistol or a double action revolver that is reliable, and clean! You should take this, or any other live-fire course with the handgun you plan on carrying, which fits you proper.
PLEASE NOTE: the course is not for small “pocket or back-up pistols/revolvers”. A primary defensive handgun should be used in the course.
- Ammunition – 200 rounds of factory loaded practice/target ammunition.
- Magazines – minimum of two, three preferred. Students with firearms that have a magazine capacity of less than ten rounds should have five or six magazines. Revolver shooters may want to bring speed loaders.
- Magazine Belt Pouch or Speed Loader Pouch– double preferred
- Holster – strong side hip holster that covers the trigger and trigger guard and allows easy re-holstering (poly-carbonate/Kydex suggested). The holster may be inside or outside the waist design. The holster should be a quality holster that fits the handgun properly. Cross draw or shoulder holsters are not allowed.
- Stiff leather or tactical style belt
- Eye Protection
- Ear Protection
- Baseball cap or another brimmed hat
- Water or sports drink, snacks and a light lunch
- Folding lawn chair if you have one
- Appropriate dress for the day of your course. No open toed shoes or shorts are allowed.
- Handgun Cleaning kit and lubricants.
This course is a combination of instruction and numerous dry fire and live fire drills on the range using proven defensive techniques, including the following and more:
- Safety, Comfort, and Competency – goals and responsibilities.
- Stance, Grip, Extension – proper stance, 2 handed shooting grip, and handgun extension to the target to create a bio-mechanical lock for recoil control
- Balance of Speed and Precision – learning to recognize the balance of speed and precision and your personal strengths and weaknesses
- Efficiency, Consistency and Effectiveness – how it effects your shooting skills
- Combat/Defensive Accuracy – only hits count
- Holster presentation (drawing) techniques without cover garment
- Precision Shooting – developing techniques for precise shots
- Rapid Fire Shooting – developing techniques for accurate rapid fire shots
- Handgun Malfunction Clearance Actions
- Warriors Expert Theory – definition, analysis and implementation in your training
- Skill Development Cycle – how to continue to become the best shooter you can be
WHERE THE COURSES ARE CONDUCTED, DATES AND TIMES OF THE COURSE:
This course is conducted at outdoor range in Woodbury, TN. Written directions to the range will be provided upon registration.
This course is held on either a starting at 9:00AM (you should arrive at 8:30 for sign in) and ends at approximately 3:00PM.
COST OF THE COURSE, COURSE SCHEDULE and REGISTERING FOR A COURSE:
Cost of this excellent course is only $100.00! You may secure your seat(s) in a course by calling 615-809-2751 or sending us an email at [email protected]
A maximum of 5 students are allowed in the course, if 4 students have not registered for the course within 2 days of the course date, the students who have registered may be re-scheduled for the next course date.
PLEASE NOTE: Fees paid are non-refundable. If something arises to prevent your attendance at the scheduled course date, and I am notified by phone or E-Mail at [email protected] at least 72 hours prior to the date of your course, I will reschedule you for another date and time. If you do not attend your first session without contacting me, or if you are unable to attend the second date and time scheduled for any reason, you will forfeit all fees paid.
I do reserve the right to reschedule a course date without refunding the course fee, in the event of illness, insufficient number of students, weather, or other factors which are not in my control.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE:
You can call 615-809-2751 Thursday thru Saturday or email us your name and phone number to [email protected]
Safety Rules for every class: No ammo in class room, firearms must be in case or range bag at all time unless otherwise stated by Instructor. Photo ID, ammo, ear and eye protection are required. Pistol safety course fees do not include the cost of range fee. All live fire training will be done at The OK Corral Range in Woodbury, Tn. Range fee for this pistol safety course is $10.00 per individual.